Veterans have pledged an oath to support and defend the Constitution. A new generation of men and women are answering the call to serve again and are taking The Pledge to put principles before politics.
I will always speak the truth and prioritize the public interest above my self-interest.
- I will return or give to charity contributions from sources that I find out taint my integrity.
- I will use the power of my office only for the service of my constituents and my country.
I will respect my colleagues, focus on solving problems and work to bring civility to politics.
- I will publicly reject, and seek to remove, any advertisements in support of my campaign that lie about or baselessly attack the character of my opponent.
- I will attend and participate in a cross-partisan veterans caucus.
I will defend the rights of all Americans and have the courage to collaborate across the aisle and find common ground.
- I will meet with someone from an opposing party one-on-one at least once a month.
- I will join with colleagues on both sides of the aisle on at least one piece of major legislation each year, and co-sponsor additional pieces.